For the Cub Scouts of Pack 759 in Ashton, Md., STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) isn’t just a way to fill the time between meetings.
It’s the FOCUS of their meetings.
Starting back in 2012, those Cub Scouts have been participating in STEM-related events every month. Topics such as meteorology, chemistry, astronomy, machines, engineering, paleontology and wildlife conservation have made their way into the pack’s regularly scheduled activities.
A few examples:
• For chemistry, the boys made dry ice and slime.
• For physics, they studied the effects of gravity on marbles.
• For astronomy, they went on a night hike and looked at the stars.
• For paleontology, they visited a dinosaur park.
• For technology, they studied video games!
In the future, they will do model rockets.
Learn more about Pack 759’s STEM-related activities here. (Link works best from desktop or laptop computers.)
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today