Changes are coming to the Cooking merit badge. Beginning Jan, 1, 2014, it will be required for the Eagle Scout rank.
What else is new?
• The MyPlate food guide (courtesy of the USDA) replaces the pyramid nutrition model.
• You no longer have to prepare meals on consecutive days, which gives you extra flexibility.
• There’s information on food allergies and cross-contamination awareness.
• There are stats on the daily level of activity and the related caloric need.
• And there are tips on improving your eating habits.
What’s not new?
• You’ll do more menu planning than actual cooking.
• Most of the requirements are similar, including the number of cooked meals and cooking safety issues.
For more information on healthy eating, healthy cooking and a healthy overall lifestyle, check this out.
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today