Pedro experiments with a baking soda volcano. It didn’t quite work out as planned.
Try it yourself! Don’t worry, yours will turn out better than Pedro’s!
What you need
- Baking Soda
- Cup or volcano model with container in the middle
What you’ll do
1. Scoop two tablespoons of baking soda in the cup.
2. Add three tablespoons of water.
3. Drop in two drops of dish soap.
4. Pour vinegar into the container and watch it erupt!
Baking soda is a base and vinegar is an acid. Combining the two causes a chemical reaction that bubbles and breaks up the liquid into the water while releasing carbon dioxide into the air (which makes the fizzing sound). The dish soap adds extra bubbles.
Video: Volcanoes Erupting Around the World
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today