How to Tie a Heart Knot
The heart knot is easy to tie, and you can use it to make a necklace, bracelet or keychain. It makes a great gift for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or birthdays.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE A HEART KNOT
- 3 feet of rope, paracord or leather lacing
- Tape measure
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO TIE A HEART KNOT
1. Tape the left end down. Work only with the right end.
2. Measure in 1 foot from the left end and make this loop.
3. Go under and then up and out of the loop, leaving extra on the bottom to form loop No. 1.
4. Go up over loop No. 2, and then back down, leaving small loop No. 3 on top. Keep going down under big loop No. 2, then down on top of loop No. 1.
5. Go up and under loop No. 1. Thread over, and then under center loop No. 2, and then over top loop No. 3.
6. Untape the left end. Pull on both ends, and then work inside the heart with your fingers to tighten it. Form the heart little by little. Pinch the bottom into a V.
7. Hold the two ends, make a loop and pull them through the loop to knot. Trim off excess.
COMPLETED HEART KNOT
turned out really cool, but was difficult to get!
We are making these as neckerchief slides for our girls troop.
So cool using it for Valentine’s Day
I like it
I can’t do it
Mine’s not working, it just knots up like a braid.
it was easy even though it did not turn out like in the picture
OM Gosh! It actually worked! Watch the video, it is soooo helpful!
I did one with my mom’s favorite candy twisleers , but it was to short. Next year I am doing candy laces .
It was really hard
this was a cool knot but it was hard
This is literally impossible to get it to look like the picture!!!
It’s really hard but looks awesome when it’s done!!!!!!
Yeah that didn’t work.
I don’t recommend this. It is way to hard
knot the hardest thing on earth. get it
Took about three thousand tries. On the on thousandth try I got it right but the tape was too weak. On the two thousandth try I got it but it looked sloppy and wrong. Now on the three thousandth try I got it.
my mom loved doing this with me! it is awesome
hard but worth it
This is 10 times harder than it looks.
harder than it looks-it didn’t turn out right
I CANT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SO HARD!!!!!!!
Super hard but fun!
it was hard
This is so confusing! How can any body do that! Even after putting it in slow motion, all I got was a knot that looked like a regular one
I know same with me!!!
Good gathering activity for my webelos den.
i love this i am so proud of how i turned out thank you soo mutch my mom will love this
it was hard
Is this a variation of the Carrick bend? It forms a heart when tightened. It looks very similar.
Worked better on paracord than natural fiber rope for me.
Very well done.
A double fisherman’s knot would make a nicer knot. The chain broke a few years ago on my BSA Eagle necklace so I replaced the chain with gray arborist throwline and finished it with the double fisherman’s knot.
I had trouble getting this to work well with Paracord despite several attempts, but found it worked well on inexpensive “clothesline” style rope.
I found it worked better if I removed the inner strands from the 550 cord (paracord) before tying the knot.
I made a bracelet with this using hemp cord and paper beads. It turned out great!
Mine looked a lot more like a Valentines pretzel.
Perfect, but I thought it would be like the picture.