How to set up a tent
Before leaving for your trip, be sure you’re comfortable setting up — and taking down — your tent. That means reading the instruction booklet and getting plenty of practice. Here are a few tips for when you’re ready to pitch your tent:
- At the campsite, choose a level spot that drains well.
- Remove stones and sticks, but don’t disturb the natural ground cover.
- Always look for signs of creepy critters.
- Spread out your tent’s footprint, or a ground cloth, to protect the tent floor from moisture, sharp objects and dirt.
- Unfold the tent on top of the footprint. Pull out the corners of the floor and stake them to the ground, then assemble the poles and put them in place.
- Use taut line hitches to tie the free ends of guylines around stakes you’ve pushed into the ground, and pull the lines tight.
- Put a rain fly over the tent, and stake it down.
After camping, remember to air out your tent before packing it away. Ensuring it is dry will prevent mildew.
I love camping with my family! That helps me set a tent up!!
I have a classic scout troop 2 person tent
Helped me set up my tent.