To create an adjustable loop that stays in place, use the taut-line hitch. This is the knot to use for staking out the guy lines of your tent or dining fly.
- Pass the running end of the rope around the tent stake.
- Bring the end over and around the standing part, then back through the loop that has formed.
- Go around the standing part inside the loop again (this time closer to the tent stake).
- Going in the same direction, take the end around the standing part outside the loop to tie another half-hitch.
- Work any slack out the knot.
- Slide the hitch to tighten or loosen the line.
Inspire Leadership, Foster Values: Donate to Scouting
When you give to Scouting, you are making it possible for young people to have extraordinary opportunities that will allow them to embrace their true potential and become the remarkable individuals they are destined to be.Donate Today